Thursday, November 5, 2009

Performing out wedding vows?

So anyway today I was having tea with Shan, trying to relax from the hustle and bustle of planning for the wedding, when I decided to tell her about this really sweet video of Lea Salonga singing her wedding vows out to her husband. Yup, the video made me cry. :P I showed Shan the video and Shan was very taken to the idea of personalized vows, and decided that YES she WOULD perform out her unique wedding vows! I suggested she do what she does best, Bharatanatyam dance out her vows! :P but we realized it would be impractical because of her gown. So... she's just going to write a very sweet version of her vows, and Praveen will write a set of vows to her too; Afterall personalized vows come from the heart, and that is special regardless of whether they are "performed" or not :).
Anyway here's the video that made us both cry! :)



In a while, in a word,
Every moment now returns.
For a while, seen or heard,
How each memory softly burns.
Facing you who brings me new tomorrows,
I thank God for yesterdays,
How they led me to this very hour,
How they led me to this place...

Every touch, every smile,
You have given me in care.
Keep in heart, always I'll,
Now be treasuring everywhere.
And if life should come to just one question,
Do I hold this moment true?
No trace of sadness,
Always with gladness...
'I DO...'

(instrumental)

Now a song that speaks of now and ever,
Beckons me to someone new,
Unexpected, unexplored, unseen,
Filled with promise coming through.
In a while, in a word,
You and I forever change,
Love so clear, never blurred,
Has me feeling wondrous, strange,
And if life should come to just one question,
Do I face each moment true?
No trace of sadness, always with gladness,
'I DO...'

Never with sadness...
Always with gladness...
'I...DO....'

No comments:

Post a Comment