Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bridesmaid dress shopping

Oh my goodness, I never thought that finding the perfect bridesmaid's dress was going to be THAT difficult.
Shanthini suggested that I get a lavender purple dress, and I immediately agreed because I love that colour and especially that shade of purple, but apparently it is REALLY DIFFICULT to find LIGHT LILAC LAVENDER purple dresses! I found a dozen or so dark purple or maroon ones, in Isetan (Shaw), Takashimaya, and a couple in Far East Plaza, but nobody seemed to be carrying pretty lavender coloured ones! Daniel Yan was hopeless, their designs usually cater more for taller and slimmer women, and the only purple dress they had was a short one with a bubble skirt that just wasn't very flattering...anyway it was a dark purple :(
So far the best options I could find were:

Cost: $89.90
This one was found on one of the second floor shops in Far East Plaza, it's a light purple but...not exactly the right sheen or style for a bridesmaid's dress, it looks more like a workdress! Too plain!

Next one I found was:

Also from one of the Far East shops (but tucked in a corner on the third floor). I actually really like this one. Don't you Shan? The ribbon is really unique. Problem is...it's damn expensive...
Cost: $280.
Hmm... I think I can find something better at a lower price.

Third one I found was:

Cost: $70
From a shop in Bugis Junction (got the namecard somewhere...)
The material is a soft chiffon that I kinda like, but I don't fancy the design around the neckline... think the belt also doesn't accentuate the figure enough... hmm.. how Shan? Which do you prefer? I think I'll continue scouting and only make a decision at the end of next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment