Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wonderful food tasting!

Mmmm... Shan is one of the best friends ever in the world, I love her! Haha, but I think I'm saying that only because she brought me for the wedding dinner food tasting! LoL. Yeah, Brian has now being promoted from being just Baker Brian to Food Caterer Brian. He apparently is confident of supervising in the kitchen! Guess all those culinary classes he invested in really paid off. Never knew he had THAT much hidden talent. But honestly, the food was damn good. At first Shan was supposed to bring her mother for the food tasting, but auntie had to run off for a business appointment and so Shan called me down at the last minute ;) I was glad to be of service! Haha.
Brian fed us THREE different types of soup before we settled on the Lobster bisque; there was also a pumpkin based soup and a FRESH mushroom concoction. I voted for the mushroom...but Praveen said that his Princess Shan only deserves the BEST so he would rather pay more for the lobster bisque. So sweet right? :)
I can't quite remember what the appetizers Brian concocted were... some mandarin sorbet thingey with prawn cocktail and then some other seafood scallops.
Halfway through the food tasting I couldn't stomach anymore :P Was afraid that if I ate too much I wouldn't be able to fit into my bridesmaid's dress! The main dish was some fish thing... tuna? Salmon? I'm confused, didn't really eat much of that because I don't eat fish. Brian took note of that and decided there should be another option for the guests who might not like fish then.
What I DO remember though was the dessert! It was like a whole range of mini cakes in the shape of cupcakes! Some ice-cream cake, tiramisu, nutty ganache like creamy mousy textured cake etc... amazing lah. Wish Brian would share his recipes with me one day...

1 comment:

  1. Just get him to be your full-time cook lor :P

    ReplyDelete