Thursday, October 1, 2009

a home for the bride and groom

My heart literally skipped a beat when I first heard the good news that Shan and Praveen are FINALLY going to get married. :) And then my heart leaped again when I heard that Shan wanted me to be her bridesmaid! It's a real honour. At first I was afraid that I wouldn't be a good bridesmaid because of the cultural difference, was worried that I might make a fool of myself in front of all her relatives and friends during the traditional ceremonies! But luckily Shan comforted me and told me that I only need to be a guest at the traditional wedding (phew!) and I can just help her with the western wedding dinner plans, and hen night and shopping for her gown etc. :) So exciting! We're planning to call our ex-classmates to help out with the wedding! Sharon's bf is a really good photographer (good to let him earn some money in his new photography business (twenty4frames) too ;)) And Brian can bake so well that I'm sure he'll be willing to help bake the cakes...
Anyway, this blog as a whole will help document Shan's wedding planning, so she might have a little keepsake of the wedding for her, from me and our friends, the wedding planners. :) I know a blog is free, and not the most expensive wedding present in the world, but some of us are still starving university students...hahaha...so this is a present from us to you Shan. *hugs*!!! (ok don't worry lah... I'll get you something else for your wedding too ;) maybe some naughty gift for you and Praveen to play with during your honeymoon. lol. )

No comments:

Post a Comment