Saturday, October 3, 2009

You know you are getting old when you start receiving wedding invitations

You know you are getting old when you start receiving wedding invitations from the friends from your batch and of course when you receive them in the mail, your own parents start to question you, no, make that grill, you about your own wedding and when you are going to tie the knot. No, I don’t intend to get married, well, not yet anyhow. If I do, I’ll have the wedding in the winter depths of ice-cold Russia. Imagine getting married in Singapore and having to do the wedding photographs in your tuxedo and wedding gown under the flaming hot sun with bead after endless bead of perspiration trickling down your face and chin and nose… That’s not something I would want.
Well, 2009 is a year when I’ll need bigger wallets and bigger pockets. Everyone I know is either getting their hdb applications or getting married. I have five weddings in December alone to attend! Of course, there’s the wedding of the year in November to look forward to - the beautiful Shanthini is getting married to the suave Praveen (finally!). There is almost a month left to their wedding and I am barely through getting the preparations done. As things would have it, I’ve been tasked with the flower arrangements, the wedding cake and to liaise with the caterer with regard to the food menu for the day. I am really excited about this – there are so many possibilities. I’m actually getting hungry thinking about the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment