Sunday, October 11, 2009

It’s been an amazing journey

It’s been an amazing journey the last two months. First, registering into National University of Singapore (NUS) end of July, diving fully into Phd, followed by decisions over which modules to take – which was governed by the fact that they had to be continuous assessment, I will fail exams – and then getting to know new course mates.

Yes, that’s the point of this blog. New course mates who became friends, who in turn became co-organisers for a wedding! Shantini’s wedding to be exact. Well, I’m just helping out with the wedding dinner. Rewind: TS5101. Shantini Manokaran, Geraldine Yeoh, Caleb Lee and Brian Tan. Masters students in the theatre studies department. Oh boy, what a bunch. Intelligent and garrulous, they welcomed me into the department. You know, for someone who didn’t even know what the heck was the ‘IVLE’ (that’s another blog, eh?) on the NUS website, the guys sorted me out.

So, next thing you know, I am helping out this crazy bunch of people with Shantini’s wedding dinner on 9 November 2009. At the National Library in The Pod. It’s actually quite a romantic venue even though Shan has sworn she is no romantic. A nice panoramic view of the city skyline, and what more in the evening the view would be quite spectacular.

So, I contributed what I knew best: alcohol! So, the good about this wedding dinner is that Shantini is having a full-service bar. So, Shantini’s brief to me was to make sure that there was copious of white wine. Good white wine. So, of course the first thing that came to my mind was Osyter Bay Sauvignon Blanc! AND, Shan said, “Don’t worry about the cost.” WOO HOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment